As a global leader in applied science, innovation is the heart of everything we do, and our current activities build on a string of ‘firsts’ that we have achieved over many years, including:
- World first carbonation of contaminated soil (2000).
- Founded the industry-defining ACEME Conference Series, which has run since 2006 in locations including the USA, Australia, and Hong Kong, as well as the UK (2006).
- First commercial licence for the production of carbonated aggregates from waste (2010).
- Development and deployment of an on-site containerised solution that enables direct carbon capture and utilisation (2018).
Our R&D continues, including new applications of ACT that will deliver practical benefits to an expanding range of clients. Our work includes exploring:
- A new approach to carbonating biomass ashes that extends our potential for offsetting CO₂ emissions and replaces natural resources in construction.
- Accelerating the Accelerated Carbonation process with catalysts and improved process control.
- Development of new low carbon products.